Balshaw's Association PTA
The aim of the Balshaw’s Association (PTA) is to help provide a link between home and school whilst at the same time raising much needed funds to update equipment and resources to enhance or enrich the provision which Balshaw’s already provides for its students. Over the past few years, the PTA has helped fund a number of projects such as a new PA system for the hall, new football kits, an Apple Mac Music suite for the music department, books for the library and 20 new PCs in the geography department, to name just a few. We’ve also been able to support local charities such as St Catherine’s Hospice and Derian House.
The PTA is a registered charity (charity number 1176684) which means that we have the opportunity to work with school to apply for grant funding to assist with some of the larger, more long-term projects that ordinarily would have to be put aside due to a lack of funding.
The role of the PTA is important, not only as a fundraiser, but also as a chance for parents, teachers, governors and students to work together for the good of the school.
The committee are a very dedicated, enthusiastic, friendly and hardworking group of individuals who are totally committed to achieving its aspirations to support the education of the students at Balshaw's. Many committee members still come along to meetings and help run events even though their children left Balshaw’s many years ago!
However, we cannot do any of this without your continued support. We appreciate that not everyone enjoys getting involved in committee meetings or organising events but if you’d like to then you’d be most welcome! We usually meet on the first Wednesday of each month at 7.30 pm in school. You will find details on the school website or you can contact school if you have any questions or are interested in joining us.
Otherwise, we’d just love you to come along to some of our fantastic events. This school year, we’ve lots of things planned for all the family to enjoy including Bingo and Family Fun nights as well as a summer Race night & BBQ.
We’re always on the lookout for raffle/tombola prizes too so if you have any unwanted gifts or donations such as unopened toiletries, chocolate or wine please remember the PTA!
We hope to see you soon!
Balshaw's Association PTA Christmas Bingo - Thursday 8th December
We are delighted that our Balshaw's Association PTA Christmas Bingo is on Thursday 8th December. The doors open at 6:30pm and bingo will begin at 6:45pm.
We’d be very grateful if you could donate some raffle or bingo prizes and bring them into school by Friday 2nd December
Many thanks for your help, which is as always, very much appreciated. We look forward to seeing you on 8th December.
Free entry - doors open 6:30 pm, eyes down 6:45 pm
Bingo books £1 per book or £5 for 6 books and Dabbers £1
Julia Monks - Chairman Balshaw’s Association
Balshaw's Association PTA Meetings
PTA Meeting Dates
All are welcome to attend the Balshaw's Association PTA meetings. Where possible, the agenda for the meetings will be published here in advance.
Balshaw's Association PTA Agenda - Wednesday 7th December
The next Balshaw's Association meeting is on Wednesday 7th December 2022 and the agenda can be seen below:
The agendas for future meetings will be made available in advance.
Minutes and Reports
- The Chairman's Report for 2021 can be found here
- AGM Wednesday 5th October 2022 - minutes can be found here
- Wednesday 7th September 2022 - minutes can be found here
- Wednesday 18th May 2022 - minutes can be found here
- Monday 7th March 2022 - minutes can be found here
- Wednesday 4th November 2020 - minutes can be found here
- Wednesday 7th October 2020 - minutes can be found here
- The Chairman's Report for 2020 can be found here
Due to COVID-19 no further meetings took place for 2019-2020.
- Wednesday 4th March 2020 - minutes can be found here
- The Chairman's Report for 2019 can be found here
- Wednesday 6th November 2019 - minutes can be found here
- Monday 25th November 2019 - minutes can be found here
- AGM Wednesday 2nd October 2019 - minutes can be found here
Previous Balshaw's Association PTA Events
- You can read all about Easter Bingo 2022 here
- You can read all about Winter Wonderland 2019 here
- You can read all about the Spring Fair and Family Fun Day 2019 here
- You can see photographs from the Spring Fair and Family Fun Day 2018 here
- You can read all about our Spring Fair and Family Fun Day for 2017 here